· Align Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, and Workplace Safety processes with business goals and engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner.
· Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward.
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state, and local regulations.
· Align corporate and site safety goals and strategies.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state, local regulators, and the community.
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement regarding Safety performance and associated policies and programs.
· Create and maintain proactive measures to identify hazards and regulatory non-compliance for identifying trends or opportunities to reduce incidents and injuries.
· Support development and implementation of safety initiatives and safety programs, focusing on both proactive and reactive risk management programs.
· Maintain and implement updated Safety Policies, Procedures, and Emergency Action Plans.
· Work with Human Resources, Corporate Nurse Case Manager, and facility Managers to manage the return to work program and help obtain written medical disposition from physicians at the time of treatment to control the cost of lost workdays.
· Work closely with Human Resources and Medical for fit-for-duty and annual physicals, worker’s compensation and case management, loss prevention
· Perform audits to assist in the identification and elimination of unsafe conditions and behaviors
· Ensure health and safety regulatory compliance through effective recordkeeping, training and overall compliance with developed programs
· Develop and deliver employee training on HSE specific topics
· Respond to client health and safety requests, interact with clients and develop project specific plans
· Prepare reports and track metrics
· Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs
· Conduct incident and accident investigations and train others in this discipline.