SHE Consultant to provide safety, occupational health and environmental support for the Site. The primary responsibilities include continuous improvement of SH&E managing systems, and active support in the development and application of consistent safety processes, procedures, and practices across the plant site.
Other responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following: preparation and analysis of multiple SHE metrics, maintaining injury and illness logs, industrial hygiene sampling and exposure and noise monitoring, participation in incident investigations with knowledge of RCFA methodology, facilitating review and development of site safety / OH procedures and practices, conducting process safety startup reviews, training and auditing of line organization regarding site SHE procedures, routine field auditing and visibility for interactions, coordination of 1st and 2nd party SHE/PSM audits, Process Safety Management system resource, and compiling and submitting reports to regulatory agencies. This individual must be self-motivated to work independently to complete tasks on time, but be a team player as well. This position requires interaction with other site, regional, and corporate SHE resources, and ultimately provides leadership and guidance to help assure Site compliance with applicable Site, Corporate, State and Federal safety, occupation health, and environmental related regulations and requirements.
- BS or higher degree in a safety oriented discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 to 5 years of industry experience in an operations environment with working knowledge of SHE & PSM systems
- Demonstrated functional/technical expertise of OSHA Injury/Illness recordkeeping and management systems, confined space entry, line break, lock & tag, and other safety work practices
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to independently complete tasks and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated written and oral skills - presents information and ideas in an articulate and organized way
- Ability to anticipate, plan, develop, implement, audit, and improve systems and processes in the Safety competency
- Ability to collaborate and network with site, regional and corporate resources
- Demonstrate competency in Coaching, Championing Change, and Driving for Results
- External Certification such as Certified Industrial Hygiene or Certified Safety Professional is preferred