View all jobs
Plant Engineering LeaderOR, OR
Chemical Operations Maintenance
- Building, developing and leading a team of technicians to provide preventive maintenance and repair for Chemical Operations production equipment and utilities.
- Allocating maintenance resources and prioritizing assignments on a day-to-day basis.
- Strengthening individual elements required for ongoing fulfillment of Process Safety Management.
- Enhancing our mechanical integrity program to ensure safe, efficient performance of physical assets.
- Developing utility and system architecture that enhances process safety across multiple AI formulations.
Equipment Engineering / Systems
- Developing the organization and control for the documentation of critical assets:
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Equipment manuals, Equipment IDs and Operating and Maintenance manuals
- Site / building / architectural drawings o Design references (CAD, certifications, ratings)
- Acting as the owner of the functional specifications for buildings, infrastructure and equipment, and evaluating the feasibility of any changes or options proposed.
- Leading projects for facility systems, including closure of punch lists from past projects.
- Fostering collaboration with Process Engineering to identify the root cause of process issues and helping to implement the selected solution.
- Providing a focus on production equipment, utilities or safety systems that are required for production.
- Driving operational initiatives to ensure equipment health, schedule adherence and efficiency.
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs to drive safety, quality and efficiency improvements.
- Providing systems for scheduling, coordinating and tracking maintenance activities.
- Optimizing our spare part and rental equipment strategy to balance availability and holding costs.
- Developing proposals and business cases for in-house versus outsourced maintenance activities.
- Leading the selection of vendors for outsourced maintenance services and driving vendor performance to meet our requirements.
- Analyzing and authorizing service agreements and contracts.
- Handling disputes with vendors over work, payments or liability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance, chemical manufacturing or plant management.
- Proven ability to develop team members, improve morale and drive accountability.
- Experience with lean manufacturing disciplines and continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and to make effective decisions quickly.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including hazardous material, air emissions and water discharge.
- Understanding of and experience with tools for characterizing and validating processes, including Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork at multiple levels and across multiple functions of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.