PURPOSE AND ROLE:
Responsible for the review of all solvent processing units. Ensure the solvent processing units are being operated in a safe, efficient manner while maximizing yields and throughputs to increase revenue. Review solvent unit operating changes to project and determine value added results. Contribute to understanding and alignment within the organization of our Vision, Mission and Values. Lead by example in behaving in accordance with our Values.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and monitor the operation of solvent processing units.
- Conduct periodic unit performance reviews with Site Technical Staff.
- Propose operational changes to improve unit and plant profitability.
- Establish and coordinate an intracompany solvent processing technical group.
- Review and assist plant personnel in the development of royalty calculations for licensed solvent units.
- Establish management systems to assure continual improvements in quality, reliability, and efficiency.
- Provide process engineering expertise for solvent processing new equipment and equipment upgrade projects across all company sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with refineries; specialty oils and petroleum preferred and 10 years of solvent processing experience in a plant or technical environment.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in monitoring a variety of solvent processing units in a plant environment.
- Preferred experience in propane deasphalting, MEK dewaxing, and NMP/Furfural extraction units.
- Optional experience desired in acid treating for white oil manufacture.
- Technical experience in design or unit process engineering improvements.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the capability of positively interfacing with plant personnel on all levels.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence key contributors and build an intracompany knowledge base.
- Flexibility to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and follow each to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with and positively change the work environment.