The basic function of this role within the plants Reliable Asset Management Process is to drive reliability improvements. This involves insuring required data is being captured in CMMS or other designated systems, driving root cause analysis, creating and analyzing Pareto charts and driving the implementation of cost effective improvements through expense or capital projects as well as driving improvement of operating or maintenance disciplines. The engineer will actively participate in capital projects to ensure reliable equipment is installed that can efficiently be maintained. Furthermore, this role monitors existing PM / PdM programs and monitors other historical trends or KPI’s for early identification and resolution of reliability issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following: (Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
Education and Experience:
- Lead root cause failure analysis efforts for jobs triggered by documented procedures or at the request of unit superintendants. Establish system to develop action items, measure improvements and communicate results.
- Monitor PM / PdM plans to insure compliance is maintained or agreement is documented when scheduled PM’s will not be executed as planned.
- Leading cross functional group in continuous review of a unit’s existing PM / PdM program.
- Developing specific procedures, programs, and methods to insure unit needs are met and maintained.
- Insuring frequency and scope of inspections adds value based on failures, findings, and current business environment of the unit.
- Utilize data from work order history and activity reports, production lost opportunities, and results from PM / PdM inspections to develop Pareto reports.
- Develop systems where operators can enter their own uptime / downtime information. Insure that system generates Pareto charts based on agreed upon measurement system to establish value focus.
- Shepherd the implementation of the identified reliability improvements through operating and maintenance discipline improvements or implementation of plant and capital projects.
- Drive the development and resolution of top failure causes identified in Pareto reports.
- Seek new technologies as appropriate to improve operations and equipment reliability.
- Manage capital projects; from justification through installation.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement regarding operational costs, including energy usage and act upon findings to implement effective solutions.
- Insure EH&S compliance, with emphasis on OSHA 1910 regulations and operating permits.
- Provide operational and engineering support for the facility and other CMP facilities as needed.
- Develop and insure compliance with standard operating procedures for routine tasks and quality standards.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Reliability Engineering preferred. ChE or EE will be considered with appropriate experience.
Project Management experience plus 2 years preferred
2 years experience preferred in Maintenance or Reliability
Six Sigma//Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional certification preferred.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
Competent windows based computer skills, spreadsheet skills required.
Engineering, Mathematical and Reasoning Ability Skills:
Ability to work with engineering and mathematical concepts such as basic physics of materials, simple statics and dynamics. Follows sound probability and statistical practices. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must have working knowledge of PdM tools, including ultrasound, vibration analysis, thermography, oil analysis and motor circuit analysis. Must be able to develop and implement Predicitive Maintenance Programs.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Ability to effectively communicate on specifications for equipment needs. Ability to write routine reports, develop standard operating procedures for operators to follow, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before management. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the ability to apply engineering skills in the plant environment and the ability and desire to learn and develop additional skills as necessary within the following competencies:
– Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflow and procedures.
– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops solutions.
– Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; manages costs and schedule; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
– Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
– Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
– Seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Successful candidate will exhibit capability of managing multiple priorities.