This position will be responsible for ensuring that projects are planned and executed within budgeted cost and completed within schedule. The Project Engineer will manage the execution of engineering design, procurement, construction and installation of capital projects in accordance with applicable specifications and standards to achieve project objectives. The engineer will insure accurate cost budgeting, estimating, forecasting and reporting of assigned projects while working with plant staff and managers to ensure the direction of the project including definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables is appropriate and also acts as a technical resource in area of expertise (Process, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.).
1. Provides direction and assistance in the preparation of capital estimates, budgets, scope documents and schedule data for proposed or approved projects.
2. Ensures all aspects of projects are defined and executed in a legal, safe and environmentally-responsible manner.
3. Provide project management which includes focusing on projects related to design, construction, and maintenance while ensuring that the projects are well defined and appropriately managed to achieve business value, detailed design, procurement, contracting, permitting, execution, status reporting and management.
4. Reviews technical specifications required for projects.
5. Specify equipment and components used in process equipment
6. Work with internal engineering staff and managers to ensure deliverables are on time and in compliance
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
8. Work with operations and manufacture personnel to successfully assure successful project implementations and start-ups.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in project engineering or management position and familiarity with capital project and plant responsibilities
3. Knowledge of state, local and U.S. Government regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.)
4. Excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
6. Well-organized and self-motivated
7. Strong computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook