This role has direct accountability for the IT infrastructure within the mill to ensure reliability and performance of that infrastructure to ensure operational success of the mill. Primary responsibilities will include managing the IT infrastructure, supporting end users and participating in the development and testing of IT infrastructure standards with a larger virtual team. Will collaborate and innovate with customers and virtual team members to develop IT architecture, develop best practices and business computing strategies. This role will also be a key member of the mill’s Process Control team – the heart and soul of our mill operations.
This role will challenge and broaden your skills as you support the mill’s electrical, quality and operational groups in the process control field and world class optimization systems. This role will also work with companywide process control team resources to promote and ensure consistent standards. In addition successful candidates will be highly effective in project leadership/management, training, and strategic and capital planning. The mill PLC’s are Allen Bradley ControlLogix and our HMI’s are Wonderware InTouch.
Process Control Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Three years’ experience in technical administration of PCs, Printing, Server Management, with demonstrated broad-based technical abilities
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Network skills: Route, Switch, Firewall/Security, Wireless, Circuit Management, Voice, VPN, general infrastructure etc. (Cisco/Meraki)
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Proven ability to work independently within an environment that requires a high degree of autonomy
- Experience interfacing with or supporting infrastructure needs of a process-control environment preferred
- Experience with PLC Programming / Allen Bradley preferred
- Experience with Wonderware preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with wood industry optimization and scanning equipment preferred