Pulp and paper company looking for a strong Pulp Mill Supervisor to join their team. Provides shift direction and supervision for back-end employees (Kraft Mill, Power and Recovery, Recaust and Fiber) and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates safe behavior and work practices. Ensures the crew follows all mill and job safety requirements and standard operating procedures. Completes annual performance reviews and observations.
- Promptly investigates safety, fire and environmental incidents. Completes and submits an investigation report prior to the end of the shift.
- Ensures proper operation and management of processes and equipment to meet paper machine needs and environmental compliance requirements.
- Monitors mill operations and directs the crew to meet quality, operating, process and production targets/objectives. Secures appropriate resources to return the process/operation to target when deviations occur.
- Accountable for crew training and accurate crew performance evaluations.
- Knowledgeable of the labor agreement and administers it consistent with the contract.
- Confronts unprofessional behavior and takes appropriate disciplinary action.
- Effectively communicates and implements management/business direction with crews.
- Shift incident commander for oil spills, fires, emergency response, evacuation alarms, and water and power outages
- Works closely with Front end shift supervisor to coordinate mill activities to achieve business results.
- Expected to challenge status quo and strive to work with crews to continuously improve crew and operating performance
- Responsible for shift administration of mill lock out policies & procedures, confined space entry, hot work and fall arrest procedures.
- Special projects or work as required.
- Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Pulp and Paper Science or commensurate level of pulp and paper experience and training
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to at least the relief foreman’s level
- Five years’ experience in the pulp and paper industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge in order to manage employee relations, materials & products and equipment under “Responsibility & Authority” section.