BASIC FUNCTION: Evaluate, implement, and monitor manufacturing processes and operating systems including facility and production equipment using a Yokogawa distributive control system and several PLCs. Provide technical leadership and support in the development and design of process controls for all existing/new installations at the site.
- Troubleshoot controls problems through tuning and implementation of basic or advanced control strategies.
- Effectively communicate with operations, plant engineers and maintenance using knowledge of Yokogawa system configuration tools or similar and the understanding of the plant process.
- Provide technical support in developing new control strategies and maintaining/developing technical specifications for existing/new installations.
- Produce systems that function as designed originally, without redesign / rework of control strategies.
- Participate as part of the process control on-call group on a rotating basis.
- Support the tracking and reporting of production and plant performance metrics.
- Ensure all software revisions, system configurations and graphics are backed up and archived according to established guidelines and policies.
- Provide technical support in the development of SOP’s as related to control system operations, as required.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations involving DCS and SIS systems. Ensure follow-up recommendations are implemented to prevent reoccurrences.
- Lead or participate in root cause investigations involving process control systems and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Participate in scheduled HAZOP reviews led by engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Minimum two years of controls experience in Refinery/Chemical environment
- Strong technical knowledge in the fundamentals of controls engineering and controls systems
- Demonstrable competencies in Industrial Instrumentation, including Industrial Analyzers, Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and Safety Instrumented Systems
- Proven DCS/PLC configuration experience. Hands-on experience with Yokogawa DCS and/or Allen Bradley PLC is a plus
- Must have leadership potential, communication and interpersonal skills, initiative, collaborative attitude, and be results oriented
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential card (TWIC)