This position is responsible for managing planned work and developing turnaround job plans in order to drive work execution efficiency and asset availability. This includes generating work steps with labor, material, equipment, services, cost estimation; including creating job packets for field execution and continually improving job plans via updates based upon feedback from the execution teams.
- Lead by example, exemplify safety to others; support plant safety initiatives
- Group work orders that can be planned and completed as a single planned package
- Clarify incomplete or unclear work requests
- Determine the appropriate degree of planning based on job criticality
- Create job plans for the effective execution of turnaround projects that include: job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs
- Coordinate purchase requisitions / purchase orders and expedite orders to assure scheduled delivery for turnaround.
- Identify permitting requirements and special isolation needs.
- Create job plans with detailed procedures for recurring jobs.
- Create purchase requisitions and reservations for necessary materials, equipment or services and order material.
- Forward completed "ready-to-schedule" job packages to the Turnaround Scheduler.
- Continually improve the job plans by collaborating with Maintenance Supervisors and Engineers to:
- Maintain a spare parts inventory
- Build & maintain bill of materials for area equipment
- Continually update task lists to ensure necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured per job feedback
- Obtain and analyze feedback from the work crew through the job feedback process
- Update job procedures and packages as required for continuous improvement
- Review work scopes for changes which would result in triggering Management of Change (MOC)
- Create Job Packets as needed by providing spec sheets, vendor manuals, P&IDs, pictures, isolation plans, job plans and feedback form
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment or an Associate’s Degree with 4+ years’ experience preferred.
- Ability to learn Mechanical systems and equipment, and crafts, along with an understanding of maintenance scheduling. Ability to procure and expedite materials and resources.
- Deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected and possess the ability to handle non-routine and emergency activities, such as schedule breakers, plant shutdowns, start-up, etc.
- Excellent organizational and work management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of quality orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- High level of competency in Excel and Primavera to optimize and organize work.
- Experience with CMMS, specifically Avantis, is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical Thinking, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail, Business & Financial Acumen, Teamwork, Work Management, Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Entrepreneurial Actions, Customer Focus, Strategic Thinking, and Striving for Achievement