Join one of the fastest-growing specialty chemical companies in North America! Our client is a true industry leader in retention and drainage and wastewater treatment applications within the Pulp and Paper industry. Accept the responsibility AND the financial rewards of growing your sales territory within a defined region.
As a Regional Sales Representative you will be responsible for the daily sales, service, and problem solving activities within the paper and/or paperboard manufacturing process while working closely with your customers to achieve their longer-term strategic goals. This position is a HIGH VISIBILITY technical sales “hunter” role that includes daily interface and relationship building with Operations, Engineering, and Senior Mill Management.
Our client offers the widest range of flocculants, coagulants, and functional chemistry available in the industry and provides a full complement of wet end chemistries, equipment, and applications expertise to satisfy any papermaking needs. They are profitable, support promotion from within, and offer a wide range of long-term career options.
QUALIFICATIONS for this role include:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper Science, Chemistry or related Technical degree
- 5+ years of specialty chemical Sales, Process Engineering, or Papermaking experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Knowledge of papermaking wet end chemistry/chemicals such as: flocculants, coagulants, dye fixatives, internal/surface sizing, wet/dry strength resins, starch, defoamers, biocides, fungicides, felt cleaners, deposit control, etc.
- Experience with various paper manufacturing processes including: coated/uncoated fine paper, paperboard, newsprint, tissue & towel, and packaging grades
- Strong relationship management skills
- Clear track record of high achievement
- Highly-motivated entrepreneurial drive with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to manage a large geographic sales territory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record