Supervise maintenance employees and activities including preventive and predictive maintenance of all site equipment.
- Develops work teams and improve individual performance by providing training and feedback.
- Assigns and directs daily activities of maintenance group.
- Instructs and leads crew in safe work practices in pursuit of zero injuries crew
- Provides information and training on OSHA rules and regulations and additional site procedures such as equipment guarding, burning/welding permits, lockout, safety harnesses, scaffolding and vessel entry.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance schedule to minimize downtime.
- Manages service contracts and contract labor projects.
- Works with planners to minimize schedule disruptions.
- Communicates with Production Dept. to identify equipment issues.
Required Education and Related Experience:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Maintenance Dept in Paper Mill or Converting facility, experience in Electrical Instrumentation & Mechanical preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with direct supervision.
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read work instructions and schematics.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards.