The Senior Automation Engineer will be an integral member of the Process Automation Team implementing automated programming and processes that will drive the successful execution of the company strategic growth projects. Reporting to the Manager of Process Automation, the Senior Automation Engineer will possess a comprehensive proficiency for developing, defining, and implementing instrumentation and control strategies around automation and safety systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technology Planning and Development of Engineering Standards and Work Processes to ensure ROI and maximize Reliability and Maintainability.
- Be a Technical Leader for internal and/or external teams to implement projects of varying size and complexity.
- Process automation expert in multiple areas/processes, particularly in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Participate in PHA’s, PSSR’s, incident investigations, and unit troubleshooting.
- Familiar with commercial aspects of control system upgrades and service contracts.
- Take an active role with process automation industry trade groups to gain best practice guidance.
- Display expert knowledge of process control principles and use them to assess/support area/plant automation performance.
- Have strong understanding of process control performance on company profitability and be able to communicate that message across all parts of the organization.
- Complete project scopes to hand off to capital for estimating. This includes P&ID markup, PFD development, writing of process control narratives.
- Meet established metrics, based on budgets and timelines.
- Confront challenges and carefully determine a thoughtful plan for resolution and manage the necessary change management process.
- Strategically think and use leadership and delegation skills where necessary.
- 5+ years in chemical, petrochemical or other process industries related to process automation.
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- Extensive DCS (or BPCS) experience/proficiency is required. DeltaV experience is required.
- Understanding of the Safety Lifecycle as it relates to Safety Integrated Systems (SIS) and ISA 84.
- Able to design and implement basic and advanced control schemes as well as complex sequence logic.
- Experience with Alarm Management and ISA 18.2. PAS Plant State Suite is a plus.
- Experience with Advanced Process Control Strategies. Aspen DMC+ is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills