The position is a supervisory role with a focus on harvest, transportation and contract administration on approximately 450,000 acres of Maine Timberland. The successful candidate will also lead safety and business improvements for all operations on this land base. This position requires balancing regulatory / conservation easement compliance with production and quality goals. The position will have four direct reports.
This is a full-time position that will report directly to the New England Area Manager. The successful candidate will serve as a safety role model and have exemplary team skills. The ability to lead and develop others in the organization is also a requirement for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate should be able to:
1. Establish a solid rapport with all internal and external stakeholders including counterparts, direct reports, loggers, haulers, regulatory agencies, and easement holder.
2. Provide organizational leadership through goal setting, mentoring, and performance management
3. Identify and execute key opportunities for improvement that will drive the future success of the unit.B
4. Negotiate business transactions and build long term business relationship with quality logging and hauling contractors
5. Inspire others to achieve excellence
BS Degree in Forestry or related field preferred
5+ years of forestry experience
Proven track record of leading and driving change
Team player with ability to work effectively with people of varying backgrounds
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Good planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Company paid relocation offered
- Solid understanding of spruce/fir and northern hardwood silviculture preferred.
The Executive Group