This position has accountability for all aspects of the operation of the Plant, including safety/environment, people management, cost control, quality, production planning, project and process follow-up.
The site has a strong safety culture based on strong individual safety behavior, ownership, well thought through safety systems and very high Asset Care standards. Additionally the site is Responsible Care-certified.
The site has constantly been challenging its MPR and now routinely runs at 120% of its original design capacity.
The site has a very competitive variable cost base relying on strong operating practices combined with very competitive feed and natural-gas costs.
The site has achieved a very high reliability and world class utilization of its asset.
SAFETY / HEALTH / ENVIRONMENT
- Lead by example and promote a strong PSM culture.
- Drive the people safety performance enhancement towards delivering world class standard.
- Ensure compliance with IGGNs.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Foster further enhancement of the site SHE strengths as the Group and industry keeps raising the bar.
- Represent company at the local community meetings.
- Stay on top of local GHG schemes.
The site is non-unionized and has developed a successful self-managed team concept that has been successfully implemented since start-up.
PRODUCTION & COST
- Ensure key skills and competencies are in place for safe and reliable operation.
- Support development of business required technical and non-technical training plans for all employees.
- Ensure key HR processes are well-run and effective.
- Be the senior company person on site.
- Keep a close eye on succession as the coming years will see a relatively high retirement rate.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor direct reports.
- Chair the site leadership team meetings.
SITE DEVELOPMENT & STRATEGY
- Ensure safe and reliable operation in line with IGGNs while pursuing cost improvement efforts in all areas of the plant’s operation.
- Support the further deployment of the Procurement function at the site.
- Review and propose operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure current Company Delegation of Authority is followed.
- Retain oversight over the rail off-site logistics as critical to secure maximum asset utilization.
- Remain in close alignment with business strategy as a third asset comes on stream this year.
- Host the Global Technology team and process development efforts.
- Keep developing the asset for the future as technology enhancements come to maturity
- University degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years plus of Chemical Industry experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement all plans necessary to accomplish the business plan of the site.
- Extensive multidisciplinary knowledge necessary to manage all facets of the asset operation.