We are seeking a Safety Manager to provide leadership, coordination and technical expertise in all areas of safety, health, and industrial hygiene compliance to achieve excellence.
As Safety Manager, you will establish reliable methods for improving safety performance and nourishing a culture in which safety is an overriding value in all activities, and every associate assumes accountability for safety initiatives and expectations. You will also ensure the facility follows OSHA regulatory expectations as well as business and Company guidelines and initiatives. In addition, the Safety Manager will oversee the contract security staff.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or currently pursuing an associate degree
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment with heavy exposure to safe work practices
- Good working knowledge of OSHA regulations / requirements
- Understands safety processes and ability to complete an internal audit/review
- Experience in leading and/or participating in safety Incident Investigations
- Knowledge of chemical and Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS) systems management
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver safety training
- Project management skills to include strong leadership with the ability to develop and implement safety processes
- Strong, engaging, people-centered leadership style
- Ability to build positive working relationships with hourly and salaried associates
- Proactive, assertive and ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of health & safety software programs
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work extended hours should situation warrant
- All applicants must upload resume detailing education and job history
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental or Occupational Safety
- Knowledge of site manufacturing processes
- Safety & industrial hygiene certification and/or training, such as CSP, ASP, etc.
Experience in wood products manufacturing facilities