The Senior Environmental Engineer position is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking to make an impact in a collaborative, team focused environment. The successful candidate will play a prominent role in ensuring the Site’s compliance in the environmental disciplines of air, water, and waste.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision, oversees LDAR program as required under Federal (SOCMI HON) and State (TCEQ Reg V & LDEQ) regulations.
- Responsible for complex technical work in environmental disciplines (air, water & waste) and to achieve compliance with the organization's EHSS standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Hosts agency representatives during plant inspections/investigations, represent organization at meeting’s and other events as required.
- Oversees day to day operation of the various compliance programs at this site including the Fenceline Monitoring Program, and/or other events, including maintenance activities.
- Conducts audits of the site using a FLIR camera to identify and document potential emissions sources
- With guidance, oversees the waste management program at the site, including waste disposal.
- Develops, implements and maintains programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall environmental, safety and health of employees and the community.
- Conducts comprehensive, independent compliance assurance reviews of environmental policies and procedures.
- Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Develops and conducts employee training, emergency preparedness and quality assurance programs.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice.
- Assists with Responsible Care audits and activities. Actively assists the site to be in compliance with RCMS.
- Available during evenings and weekends to for on-call duty answering plant technical questions and to make notifications to the regulatory agency during an emissions event.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates effective environmental, and/or loss control programs for the organization.
- May develop and conduct training and/or awareness programs to operational personnel, contract personnel, and local community constituents.
- Manages compliance with fugitive monitoring requirements.
- Assists and oversees permits for wastewater and storm water.
- Prepares and submits monthly Discharge Monitoring Reports for TCEQ and EPA.
- Supervises collection and analysis of routine and special water samples.
- Develops and /or assists in reviews, and submits annual and semi-annual Title V reports, annual Tier II Reports, and annual TRI Reports and Emission Inventory Questionnaires
- Characterizes wastes and recyclables for disposition.
- Schedules wastes for shipment and tracks manifests.
- Prepares annual solid waste report; Pollution Prevention Plan, assists and/or manages NOR.
- Maintains UST certifications and documentations.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering and/or other related science degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Environmental Engineering or related field
- Candidates already living within a commutable distance or not requiring relocation
- Chemical/Petrochemical industry experience
- Experience in waste, EPRA/CRCLA and DOT compliance
- Experience in Texas air permitting, LDAR, and SOCMI HON regulations