PURPOSE AND ROLE:
This position will perform engineering project assignments with an emphasis on process
improvements including design and upgrade of existing facilities. The project engineer will plan, execute, and finalize projects, meeting the deadlines and within budget guidelines. This includes acquiring resources, working with team members, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Performs or coordinates the required engineering, cost estimate preparation, and drafting associated with projects. This includes development of PFD, P&IDS, equipment selection and sizing, specification development in accordance with company engineering standards and good engineering practice.
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Prepares bid packages and equipment inquiries. Participates in evaluation and selection process.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Directs all activities associated with project implementation and successful completion.
- Directs draftsmen with project drawing requirements.
- Performs safety audits and safety evaluations of contractors and plant personnel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED and Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) Engineering required; Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical preferred.
- 5 years of refinery experience.
- Possess excellent personal safety record.
- Experience with safety training, planning and troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience in a disciplined FEL 0-7 Project Management System preferred.
- Understanding of process engineering required.
- Basic ability to design equipment and systems.
- Basic ability to assess, project and review overall project costs.
- Experience at leading and operating both independently and within a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
- General business, accounting and financial skills.
- Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.