Associate’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
3 years of experience in a supervisory position that has provided exposure to direct line supervision in an industrial environment and direct customer contact.
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will provide direct supervision to the production process. Support the company KPI’s, but supporting current processes and recommending change where necessary. Supports established processes and worked to stabilize the production unit within established change points. Uses the EPIQ way and leadership skills to coach and develop the production team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Support the Production Manager to achieve the targets and goals of the business unit.
- Secure pre-shift conditions and insure post shift conditions are met
- Ensuring the basics – Workplace policy and rules are followed.
- Manage change points i.e. manual backup and manpower adjustment.
- Monitor, revise and review standardized work.
- Administer the vacation and overtime process for direct reports.
- Lead your team to meet production and sequencing schedules/targets.
- Assure all training requirements are met for your team and self.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of company certifications.
- Be visible and involved with team members on the shop floor.
- Assess team member skill levels and coach to improvement in those skills.
- Maintain records, documentation, and results against established goals in all key performance areas.
- Communicate performance results to all team members, identify abnormality, and initiate problem solving activities to return abnormal conditions to normal.
- Assist with maintaining a safe work environment for all team members
- Proficiency with MS Office products required, primarily Excel and power point.
- Use of MRP systems as primary management tool for all inventory.
- Strong research, problem solving and follow through skills required
- Strong knowledge of general inventory control procedures.
- Experience enforcing OSHA Standards, experience conducting safety Investigations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled area (where applicable).
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- 3 – 4 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with administering/supporting 5S
- Must demonstrate a strong background in automotive manufacturing and operational principles that leads to increasing responsibilities.
- Experience supporting with continuous improvement principles such as Kaizen is a plus