Perform electrical construction tasks including installation of conduit, wire tray, wire pulling, enclosures, transformers and all electrical terminations per NEC Code.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of photo eyes, proximity switches, limit switches, PLC input/output modules and all associated control wiring.
- Configure, troubleshoot and repair motors, motor control centers, variable frequency drives and soft-starts up to 2300V.
- Maintain and troubleshoot position feedback devices, encoders, load cells, hydraulic systems, natural gas burners and boiler control systems.
- Installation, calibration and troubleshooting of pressure, level, flow, temperature, consistency, conductivity, turbidity and pH transmitters.
- Tuning of process control loops and machine control systems.
- Programming and troubleshooting of DCS, PLC and HMI interfaces.
- Perform configuration and logic modifications to DCS and PLC control systems. Modifications will include programming in ladder logic, block logic. sequential logic and statement logic.
- Design, configuration and implementation of integrated and stand-alone graphic human machine interfaces.
- Design and specification of communication protocols, including Profibus, serial and industrial Ethernet.
Required education and related experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Legally permitted to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic English
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated electrical experience and/or 2 years mechanical experience, or 2 years of related education in lieu of experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with PLC’s, pneumatics or hydraulic systems.
- Experienced in working with computerized maintenance system preferred.
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- PLC Programming
- Perini & ChinLee rewinders; UNO wrappers, Infinity wrappers; folded machines and/or experienced in troubleshooting and performing maintenance on packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment.