Function and Scope:
This position will be working under the direction of the Electrical and Instrumentation Superintendent or Sr. Process Control Engineers to provide assistance in actively designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining essential equipment used to monitor and control machinery and processes including information systems on the process control network, ensuring safe and efficient operations.
- Ensure compliance to the strategies and standards related to all aspects of the information and control system platform; these include, but are not limited to DCS, PLC, control logic programming, data acquisition, networking, vision systems.
- Work directly with Electrical and Instrumentation Superintendent or Sr. Process Control Engineers in the development of project plans including working collaboratively with design and operations engineers, Business IT and other staff members.
- Acting as a liaison between internal customers, suppliers and contractors
- Acting as Project Manager/Overseer and keeping projects within design, cost and time expectations as assigned by Electrical and Instrumentation Superintendent or Sr. Process Control Engineers.
- Maintaining and modifying existing information and control systems
BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or BS in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
(3) years’ experience in Process Control engineering in paper mill operations or advanced degree in Engineering with paper mill experience.
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Control Systems (PLC) to include Information Systems.
- Experience with Data Acquisition and Information Systems associated with Process Control Systems.
- Manage department projects associated with re-instrumentation and DCS/PLC installations or Information Systems. Experience in supporting operations group on a day to day basis.