The Plant Rotating Equipment Engineer
will champion and support reliable operation, maintenance, condition monitoring, troubleshooting, purchase, and installation of rotating equipment. Provide technical expertise and consulting services to operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel working with rotating equipment. Provide supervision and technical support for the vibration technician work group.
Responsibilities May Include
- Providing leadership and technical expertise for the reliable design, installation, and maintenance of rotating equipment including monitoring and support systems.
- Championing reliability improvements for rotating equipment and systems.
- Ensuring that appropriate condition monitoring and safety systems are in place to facilitate the safe and reliable operation of rotating equipment.
- Driving and monitoring rotating equipment Mechanical Integrity inspections and tests.
- Assisting with training and development of operators, craftsmen, technicians, and engineers in all aspects of rotating equipment engineering, operation, and maintenance.
- Supervising the plant vibration technician group.
- Coordinating the training and development for the vibration technicians.
- Owning and keeping evergreen the vibration monitoring procedures that are a part of the Mechanical Integrity system.
- Reviewing project designs and specifications to ensure the most reliable and cost-effective installations.
- Performing technical evaluations of proposals for new equipment and modifications to existing equipment for conformance to Company specifications and requirements.
- Providing technical guidance and support to plant project and area support engineers, vibration technicians, Reliability Repairman, and shop personnel.
- Championing and monitoring rotating equipment metrics. Recommending system improvements where needed.
- Working with the Area Reliability Engineers to develop turnaround work lists.
- Searching out and evaluating advancing technologies in the field of rotating equipment and their potential application to plant equipment and systems.
- Serving as a technical resource on Root Cause Analysis teams involving rotating equipment.
- Representing the plant on the Company Rotating Equipment Network. Sharing and leveraging rotating equipment Best Practices through the Company networks.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Currently hold a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in a rotating equipment engineering design, maintenance, or support role
- Possess or be willing to obtain an ISO Category II Vibration Analyst certification
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/
- 5 or more years of experience in refining, petrochemical or related industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of rotating equipment: design, controls, installation, operating practices, equipment performance, maintenance practices, shaft sealing, on-line vibration and performance monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of reliability engineering analysis
- Working knowledge of root cause failure analysis with experience leading failure investigations
- Working knowledge of maintenance work practices
- Ability to develop conceptual thinking to the point of practical applications, and an ability to implement these applications in the field