One of the most innovative and progressive consumer packaging companies in the world seeks a Maintenance Manager for a state-of-the-art printing and packaging facility.
The Maintenance Manager will set a path toward Operational Excellence for the Maintenance department. He/She will be responsible for developing improvements in equipment efficiencies and optimization which translates directly to increased equipment reliability, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate and lead the department in a commitment to safety first behavior and to making the plant a safer place to work. Be involved and support the effort to identify hazards, risk assessments, and risk controls for unacceptable hazards.
- Coordinate and direct plant maintenance work, consistent with Federal and State fire, safety, and environmental regulations and food safety/security procedures, to minimize unscheduled downtime and improve operating efficiencies.
- Increase equipment reliability through ownership of continuous improvement and proactive measures that prevent equipment from going down.
- Ensure completion of and tracking of all work orders in a timely manner with a high priority on safety work orders.
- Implement and manage inventory control system.
- Create and manage key maintenance metrics.
- Work closely with Process and Corporate Engineers specifying equipment to support production requirements to reduce waste and improve uptime, quality, run speed, and safety.
- Supply technical knowledge to help troubleshoot production problems.
- Supervise, assess, plan, and oversee project initiatives, and development activities to support changing plant needs, while maintaining compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Own and ensure compliance to 5S in the department.
- Support technical needs in dealing with community and governmental groups.
- Responsible for capital and expense projects.
- Act as emergency coordinator for the plant.
- Understand hazards and control devices for a facility.
- BS degree strongly desired - Engineering preferred
- 5 years hands on work experience within a high speed or high-volume manufacturing operation.
- Direct supervision experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles including Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and Predictive Maintenance
- Capital Project Management experience
- CAD layouts of floor-plans, fixture design, pipe runs, etc.
- Plant or Process Engineering experience
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software for Preventive Maintenance, Purchase Requisitions, Work Order Tracking, and Inventory Management
- Knowledge of electrical safety