Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including, but not limited to, programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment. Such equipment may include sewing equipment, motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Trouble shoot and repair sewing equipment, preventative maintenance; carryout scheduled maintenance
- Work with pneumatics and hydraulics systems
- Repair and set up equipment for operators, either mechanically or by programming;
- Respond to sudden breakdowns during production
- Assemble and test machinery to make sure it is safe and operational before placing back into production
- Work on machines used at every stage of the production process
- Experience with PLC's and control systems, reading electrical schematics, building functioning controls panels/systems (electrical).
- Experience with manufacturing mechanical systems including; Hydraulic systems, low and high pressure pumps, open and closed loop piping systems and the ability to troubleshoot existing mechanical systems and prepare scope of work for installation of new systems (mechanical).
- Experience plus advanced knowledge and background in, manufacturing equipment and industrial electrical systems.
- Experience installing/replacing industrial motors, VFD, control power