Responsible for managing, repairing, and installation of all equipment in the Plant and Warehouse. Will be in charge of the mechanics and electricians on 2nd
off shift and in absence of Maintenance Manager. Will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of the development of new and existing processes and equipment.
- Supervises plant maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that all maintenance personnel are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance personnel, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel.
- Reviews / monitors the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, prepares reports & analyzes data to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Monitoring production processes equipment needs and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Assist Production Management and fills in when needed with the day to day manufacturing.
- Implement procedural changes and coordinate special projects when needed.
- Carries out “Good Manufacturing Practice” to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Manage Maintenance Personnel
- Ensure teamwork performance levels are maintained within company standards.
- Evaluate employee performance, handle employee discipline and make promotion recommendations.
To perform this job successfully, an applicant must be able to perform each of the specific responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the specific responsibilities.
Communications Skills -
Good listening skills and habits are essential for this position. Excellent ability to resolve issues and solve problems through personal interaction. Above average verbal and written communication skills essential.
Education and/or Experience
– Previous related Production/Maintenance Management experience of 2 years. Computer skills a must. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiar with the Preventative maintenance Programs..
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages. Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, thoroughness and efficiency.
Initiative and Ingenuity
- Ability to apply appropriate judgment and initiative in determining source of information, and action required for results and solutions. Demonstrates a willingness to learn, and the ability to handle new responsibilities. Ability to manage people and events while attempting to satisfy customers, management and employees.
Confidentiality and Integrity
- Ability to treat information in a strictly confidential manner. Acts in the best interest of the company throughout the day.
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical skills. Above average attention to details. Can demonstrate good common sense and reasoning skills. Ability to interpret a wide variety of instructions furnished in a written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Possesses above average organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize to meet multiple deadlines. Possesses a strong team player attitude and has the ability and willingness to work overtime to complete own work or to assist co-workers. Always presents a very professional image in dress and demeanor. Has the ability to function under a high degree of complexity and can handle a number of critical situations at once.