The primary function of the Production Tech position is to ensure safe and reliable operation of the Arizona - Air Separation Facility. Utilizing plant operations knowledge, the Production tech works in a team environment where individuals are empowered to set priorities and complete different activities with minimal supervision.
Successful candidates must be able to understand principles of the Hazardous Work Permit and Lock Out Tag Out as well as compliance with all Government and company Environmental Permits, Regulations and Policies.
Also, the applicants have:
- Understand and strictly adhere to company safety work policies and operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Assist and be approved in the training and development of new employees.
- Understand Production KPIs and work towards achieving these goals.
- Understand the theoretical aspects of the process and adjust controls towards achieving desired flows, pressures, and purities.
- Ensure customer quality requirements are met for ALL products: maintain Quality Program.
- Understand and Monitor efficiency of equipment: cooler approaches, water temp rise, unit efficiency on equipment, etc.
- Understand P&ID and control loop input-output logic.
- Understand and follow all SMP, SOP, COP, OSS, OPS alerts and Technical Bulletins.
- Where required: understand and resolve fill zone and back-up system issues.
- Understand what parameters the analyzer must function under (i.e. reference gas flows, product gas flows).
- Understand and Conduct water test on cooling tower and boilers: make necessary adjustment needed to keep in control.
- Maintain building and grounds equipment.
- Monitor and communicate contractor activities in all areas covered above when required.
- Coordinate with maintenance team and support, if required, in the Corrective and Preventive maintenances.
- Complete all LMS training modules and OJT for assigned job per assigned timeline.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred.
- Previous experience in a continuous chemical operation environment preferred.
- Motivated, self-starter capable of effectively managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Organized and very well housekeeping.
- Relevant computer and technical skills
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Must have good, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed spaces.
- Be able to wear all required personal protective equipment.