- Lead a team of approximately 100 crafts (mechanics, Instrument and Electrical, facilities support) and supervisory personnel in a union environment.
- Lead the site maintenance team on improving and developing work systems to achieve plant objectives and organizational culture.
- Provide leadership ensuring a safe working environment is provided for all maintenance employees and all work is performed to meet environmental and PSM compliance requirements
- Develop and execute programs to improve overall equipment efficiencies and plant reliability.
- Manage day to day plant maintenance activities with focus on long term reliability improvements.
- Manage maintenance performance (safety, quality of work, efficiency, cost, equipment analysis) utilizing Planned Maintenance, defined maintenance metrics, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide leadership to direct report employees along with facilitating career development, performance goals and feedback discussions.
- Lead standardized training initiatives for the maintenance team; identifies and champions individual and team training needs.
- Collaborate with site operating teams to support production goals, troubleshooting and new product and technology implementations.
- Ensure that the Maintenance team has proper resources to execute tasks and projects.
- Coordinate with site Store Room operations including critical spare parts requirement to maintain optimal plant performance.
- Participate in EHS and RCA incident investigations and completes corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with capital project teams and maintenance outage events for successful planning and executions.
- Identify, monitor, and maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s) for maintenance and communicates to the craft level.
- Lead in the development and improvement of Preventative and Predictive maintenance programs and their implementation across the site.
- Establish and manage maintenance budgets and continuously drives productivity and cost efficiencies