The Director of Engineering will oversee the Engineering Department and will be the key leader in the development and execution of technical initiatives for the company. This includes the direct management of process, reliability, automation / equipment engineering and project management for four plants within one facility.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for the management and strategic direction of the Engineering department and key technical projects for the company.
- Define propose and monitor the implementation of the company’s engineering, maintenance, automation and technology plans and objectives.
- Implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to engineering and technical services.
- Manage the engineering budget and capital investment plans and related capital investment expenditures.
- Ensure the engineering department operates with clear and open communications.
- Train, develop and mentor engineering and technical employees (6) to ensure future growth can be accomplished
- Develop and execute a succession plan for the Engineering and Maintenance teams to ensure long term viability and success.
- Promote continuous improvement, networking and sharing of information.
- Protect proprietary technology through approved and certified relationships with third parties.
- Support and recommend new technologies that improve the overall operations. Recommend and develop automation where appropriate.
- Responsible for the selection, modification, installation, maintenance/repair of all equipment in the plants, corporate offices and property/grounds.
- Key contributor when evaluating potential acquisitions, expansions and new technology introductions to the company.
- Manage all outsourced contractors as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- BS in Engineering required, advanced degree (MBA) is a plus.
- 15+ years of progressive and diversified “Engineering Management” experience required.
- Prior maintenance management experience a plus along with aseptic experience a plus.
- Prior experience with Project Management and Tracking software/tools.
- Experience installing new lines/equipment and/or new plant start-up a plus.
- Experience with high speed packaging equipment required.
- Food high speed packaging highly preferred. Ropak Equipment.
- Must be familiar with preventative maintenance program management, GMP’s and SOP’s.
- MUST have experience working in a Food & Beverage environment.
- MUST have experience working with equipment installation and automation.
- MUST be detailed oriented and have prior P&L and budget management experience.
- MUST have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- MUST have a strong ability to coach, lead and direct engineering and maintenance staff.
- MUST have solid computer skills; Microsoft Office and CAD programs.