Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Asset Register Management – Identify all physical equipment assets required to meet business objectives. Organize the Asset Register into a logical hierarchy consistent with the plant Value Stream Map, and establish capacity expectations. Develop a taxonomy naming convention for categorizing all equipment and components. Establish a risk and criticality ranking system to prioritize reliability improvement initiatives.
- Asset Life-Cycle Management – Oversee the planning processes incorporated in physical asset selection, standardization, modernization, and improvement. Evaluate production capabilities, and utilize a Risk Register to identify potential business interruption and develop appropriate mitigation plans. Incorporate the resulting Life-Cycle replacement schedule into the long range capital planning process.
- Management of Change (MOC) – Function as the departmental representative in the MOC process to identify and mitigate any unanticipated risks associated to proposed changes. Coordinate final changes through the RAM work management process.
- Maintenance of Business (MOB) Capital Management – Collaborate with the respective Maintenance Planners to forecast MOB replacement schedules. Evaluate associated business interruption risks, and develop annual MOB capital plans.
- Design Review Process – Minimize the total cost of ownership of new assets by facilitating a rigorous Design Review Process that incorporates cross-functional teams to identifying potential project risks, and design defects that will erode project value.
- Project Management – Manage capital and minor modifications from concept through completion. Coordinate project activities to correspond with plant turnaround schedules to minimize production interruptions. Assure projects are safely executed and achieve quality, budgetary, and scheduling expectations.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) – Oversee and facilitate the RCA process to identify optimal solutions to physical asset reliability and performance problems. Manage the action item registry to assure timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Precision Maintenance – Interface with the Maintenance and contractor groups to assure quality equipment installations. Develop precision installation and maintenance policies and procedures. Provide training and field direction on precision maintenance practices such as alignment, balancing, and lubrication cleanliness control, etc.
- RAM Work Management Process – Gain proficiency with all RAM Work Management practices and procedures to provide back-up support for all key Maintenance & Reliability Department positions.
- Maintain the Physical Asset Risk Register and associated action item list.
- Apply sound engineering judgement to the MOC and RCA processes.
- Collaboratively manage capital and modification projects in accordance with scheduled plant turnarounds.
- Assure that Reliability Continuous Improvement action items (FRACAS & RCA) receive timely corrective actions.
- Participate with EH&S in conducting safety and environmental RCA’s and associated corrective actions.
- Assist the employee development process by providing training programs on precision maintenance practices.
A combination of technical skills in disciplines such as: material handling/conveying, power transmission hydraulic/pneumatic actuation, compressible flow, heat transfer, rotating equipment balance/alignment, vibration diagnostics, lubrication technology, slurry applications, equipment structural support, equipment foundations, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing and application, fabrication drawing prep and interpretation and construction drawing prep and interpretation.
Education and Experience
: A bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering and fifteen years related experience in heavy industry including five years of industrial maintenance management. Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) preferred. Expertise and/or education in industrial equipment maintenance strategy development, and project management experience including cost estimation, and scheduling desirable. Must have effective and verifiable leadership skills dealing with a diverse work force.