Supervise warehousing functions within the company including ordering labeling supplies when necessary, monitoring product inventories, shipping and transportation. Directly supervise the loaders, labeling, and brite stack operators.
This position also requires the ability to provide coverage for the Department Manager while having a focus on customer satisfaction by maintaining good relationships with other departments, customers, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Scheduling and other members of management staff.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze labeling line productivity and efficiency of personnel.
- Ordering and distribution of products, parts, and accessories when Department Manager is out.
- Monitor & verify new production to ensure accuracy
- Verify correct procedures, products and supplies are used for labeling lines.
- Analyze Dock Loading, productivity, Detention Time and Loader efficiency.
- Monitor & verify Build Crews for Target and all Special Build Projects.
- Directly supervise Loading Dock and Build Crews.
- Supervise all incoming and outgoing shipments of packaging materials and product to and from suppliers.
- Monitor Docks for on-time and in-spec shipments to all customers.
- Manage inventory levels in warehouses, including tracking of in and out-of-spec product.
- Count and validate inventory levels in the warehouse management system to match physical counts.
- Work with other managers, supervisors, and outside resources to promote a team environment.
- Communicate with, train and provide technical support to operators for storing, labeling, moving and shipping products.
- Conduct safety training when required.
- Maintain housekeeping and records of activities of personnel assigned to housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure items are labeled and shipped according to schedule.
- Create purchase requisitions for packaging supplies and maintenance items.
- Monitor and maintain high standards of safety including LOTO used by any and all employees.
- Contact supply vendors regarding issues with supplies or equipment.
- Record, file & maintain records of all Hold products, their locations and quantities.
- Any other duties assigned by Manager.